Saturday, December 06, 2008

More Pillow Talk

I made a Christmas pillow for the Twitty Committee "Cut-Throat-Eyeball-Scratching-We-Are-Not-Friends-Until-This-Is-Over" gift exchange...

And what started as this:


Ended up this:


I was tidying my scraps at the end of the "session," and decided I liked the look of the stripes instead. Total (happy) accident.

Here is the back, using a vintage Auntie Fern button. More on her another day...


I'm still working out the kinks with the free motion quilting. Anyone out there know how to prevent the obvious tension problems on the underside? I'm still safe with pillows, but once I move to quilts, forget it...

By the way, in a very composed, polite, diplomatic way, Kat is now the rightful owner of the pillow. Don't stress, it's machine-washable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love my pillow!
Thank you, Sara!!
ps: Pete is still not allowed to touch it :)