Monday, March 09, 2009

Weekend Sewing

Heather Ross was signing her new book at Purl on the last day I was in NY. I could probably have made it to the signing, but it would have been cutting it close (I was kinda seriously bummed). But since then, I have been obsessed with getting her book.


So, I did...immediately (has anyone ever known me to be patient?). And marched myself to Peapod, bought some fabric and got to sewing. I wasn't 100% committed to the fabric before I started, but now that it's in shirt form, I love, love, love it! And I used one of my all-time favorite fabrics for the bias tape and placket.


I had to take it in by about 4 inches on each side, and next time I'll extend it by about 2-3 inches (I must have a long body). I paired it with a lacy tank underneath, jeans, and some wedges, rolled up the sleeves and I felt quite sassy.

Now that I think about it, it actually looks like a shirt for celebrating in, don't you think?....like bubbly champagne. Cheers!

No comments: