Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Twice in One Weekend Sewing

I made the gray/yellow shirt for my trip to Hawaii, but I wasn't 100% satisfied with the outcome. So I had to make another one (Why do I always feel this compulsion to sew when I'm supposed to be packing??) and try out the changes.


This version is a) narrower, b) longer, c) has a shorter placket, and d) has a more deeply scooped neckline. Oh yeah, and I accidentally sewed the placket to the wrong side and so it sits on the outside of the shirt instead of the inside, but I actually like the way it turned out.

I used some IKEA linen I had lying around, and I used the same bias tape as the last shirt, because I love it (and mostly because it was already sitting here, and I'm hasty/lazy like that). This one is definitlely Hawaii-appropriate, and I might even wear it on the flight over.

Aloha!

No comments: