Sunday, January 04, 2009

Use it Up. Wear it Out.

This year, one of my resolution is to use what I've got before buying more. I frequently revisit one of my favorite quotes,

"Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do. Or do without."

I think it was first said during the Depression. I thought it appropriate to resurface the intent.

In the spirit of making do, I started this Flock of Triangles quilt by you-know-who:




I wanted to use up all the leftover blues and all the off-white I bought, but changed my mind about. Then I thought it too monochromatic, so I threw some green in there. I think I'll run out of the ivory, but I have some starker white that I could just use, or I may tea-stain it a little to match the others. I'm serious about this "being resourceful" thing. And now that I'm done cutting out all the triangles, I think it's going to be quite a bit bigger than I anticipate.

I've got some sewing to do...

No comments: