Monday, May 12, 2008

Honolulu Quilt Show

Many of my hater friends have rolled their eyes at me when I told them I went to a Hawaii Quilters Guild quilt show while in Hawaii. I suppose that's not typical for a 30 year-old gal on vacation, but whatever.

I found myself taking photos of basically every quilt in the show, but these were my favorites. Very few of the quilts at the show were of a style I have ever created (or thought to create - or COULD create), but I was quite inspired. Do click on the photos and look at them in finer detail.

This was a showcase piece. I couldn't capture the texture with my camera, but it was beautiful.

A "stained glass" wall hanging.

If you look up close, every single piece is appliqued onto a black background. It was STUNNING.


Holly Hock


Another meticulous wall hanging


A beautiful variation of the Hawaiian Quilt


Aloha!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Those are beautiful! I would love to have the time one day to make something so detailed. You're so lucky to have seen them up close!