Thursday, May 08, 2008

Aloha!

D and I just got back from 5 days in Honolulu. Aaaaah. I needed that. This week I'll update you on the goings on of our wonderful little vacation. There was a lot of good eating, sight-seeing, a little SCUBA, a little shopping, and never as much lounging as you want.

First item of business, shave ice.



Waiola was closer, so we tried this one first. The ice was finely shaved, the line was short, and delicious.

Matsumoto, a 1 hour drive away, had a coarser shave, long line, and cheap! The coconut flavor was hot pink (why?), but also delicious.

My study was very scientific - always passion fruit and coconut, with no ice cream or beans (what is that all about??). And the result? Well, when it comes to sweet treats, I'm not all that discerning. Both delicious and refreshing, and both better than other shave ice places I tried.

Maybe I should bust out my Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine and recreate....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a travelin fool! I also love the quilting entry, especially that pic of the orange & yellow quilt.