Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes, Y'All

I have been wanting to make red velvet cupcakes forever. On Sunday, I finally made them. I used this recipe (I'm so sad her blog has been put to rest).

I don't even like chocolate cake (which is the usual base for red velvet cake), and I'm not sure I would go ga-ga over the taste of red velvet if I had a blindfold on. I think I just like the novelty of the deep red color. I do, however, love a cream cheese frosting, no matter what cake it's on top of.

Yummy gorgeous batter.


That's a lot of cupcakes!


Can you see the little vanilla flecks in this ridiculously delicious frosting?? I definitely recommend the frosting recipe, even if you use it on a cupcake other than red velvet....y'all.


Excuse me while I sample the delights.

No comments: