Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Birthday Handbag

Remember this post? Well, this one's a bit similar.

So, let me back up by telling you that all my belongings are in storage, temporarily. I moved out of my old place, and am staying with D until I get new digs. Until then, I kept the essentials (clothes, shoes, toothbrush, sewing machine, fabric) and packed everything else up. Stupidly, I only kept one purse out - a Timbuk2... not that any of my other bags are dressy, but at least they don't look like I'm about to deliver blueprints across town on my mountain bike.

...Back to the story. I took myself to the mall for a little intended birthday shopping spree - from which I came home empty handed. I decided, with limited space, and with too many belongings to begin with (you're reminded of how gross you are when you put everything in boxes and fill a storage shed to the brim), that I would use my resources and make myself a bag instead (I still need an "adult purse", but this would do for now).





This is the little clutch from Bend-the-Rules Sewing, which is also packed away. I used leftover fabric from this project and this project (which I'm still totally obsessed with). And I stole the spare button from one of my coats (nevermind that I have 1 bajillion buttons in storage).

It was perfect for all my little necessities, and was a therapeutic birthday treat to myself.

No comments: