Thursday, August 16, 2007

Love at First Bite

Let's pretend for a minute that I DIDN'T go straight from Chez Panisse and have and incredible meal (WITH dessert) to a cupcake shop around the corner...and buy a cupcake....and eat it.

OK, I'm a glutton! *hands up* I admit it. But can you blame me?? Look at this!



Love at First Bite was so cute - it was this quaint little place with cake/candy-related gifts, cake plates, and a cupcake case in the front, and a few ladies (including the owner) in the back baking and frosting the cupcakes right there. And there was this massive kitchenaid mixer... I was a little in love with the whole place.

I did practice a little self control by only getting one mini cupcake - a strawberry one. It tasted like fresh strawberry jam, and had the perfect proportion of cake to frosting. It was simply ridiculicious.



Next time, I'm trying the red velvet... which is really just chocolate cake with a lot of red food coloring, right? I hear it's (along with the strawberry) a best-seller.



Um, I have a lot of unfinished business in Berkeley.... good thing I work in Oakland.

No comments: