Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finally!!

Ok, seriously, this is the LAST TIME you ever have to look at this blanket. I'm happy to see it every day, but I've really milked this project. Thank you for bearing with the recycled material.

I machine quilted it with a diagonal cross-hatch pattern and I'm quite pleased. I would have liked to say I free-motion quilted it, but I think with the angular pattern of the bento box, it's better to keep it simple. And frankly, I'm not that good yet.

I bound it with orange, per the recommendation of my favorite shop-keeper (Pea Pod).

Come to think of it, this is the first blanket I've quilted, actually kept (is that selfish?), and washed (I now know to wash before giving...). I didn't realize how awesomely scrunchy it gets! It looks so cozy and loved and lovable.

I love the way it looks much that I'm returning to an old quilt to do a little more hand-quilting. I haven't yet washed it (because I haven't yet used it) so I'm exited to see the transformation.

p.s. don't you love my recycled door headboard (probably full of flaking lead paint, but whatever)? D stole it for me from someone else's trash pile. And that's better than a dozen long-stems, if you ask me.

No comments: