Saturday, April 05, 2008

Crafty Roots


I'd like to take this opportunity to give a shout-out to my mom and dad and thank them for giving me crafty roots. My dad is an impressive woodworker (in his time off), a kick-ass cook, and can fix most anything. I think he even went through a batiking phase. He's also a world-famous scientist and is currently starting a beer business.

And my mom has done painting, sewing, Ukranian eggs, gardenig, lots of cooking/baking, cake-decorating, and has a general "we can make that at home" approach. She's the one who taught me to sew, cook, garden, and "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without."

Above is a painting my mom did probably long before I started making her drive me to the fabric store.

Thanks guys - I guess the apple doesn't fall too far...

No comments: