It will take you all of 4 minutes to prepare. You do have to roast for 3 to 4 hours, but when these puppies come out of the oven, you will thank me. You will, I'm telling you.
Juicy, sweet (I mean, like candy sweet), and healthy (did that kill the appeal?)! They're better cold, but I am totally not discriminating.
Here's how you do it:
- Preheat your oven to 275F
- Cut your medium-sized tomatoes in half (cut top to bottom)
- Toss them with a little olive oil
- Put them on a cookie sheet, cut side UP
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast them in the oven for 3 to 4 hours
- Take them out when they're wrinkly and a little syrup-y
- Send Sara a thank you note