Saturday, May 02, 2009

Back in the Saddle

My absenteeism is due to an awesome east coast adventure to NYC, Philadelphia, DC, and Savannah. Photos forthcoming (maybe).

It took me a couple days to get back into the groove of life. Luckily, I still haven't had to go back to work yet so I have some time. I only started sewing again today.

Firstly, my little train-lovin' guy is turning 4 in a couple days! He needs a proper shirt for the occasion, especially since it happens to be National Train Day and the party will be at the train station. Remember when I got this fabric last time I was in NYC?


And while we were in Savannah, I was inspired to make this:


The town has recently been overrun (in a good way) by the Savanna College of Art and Design. They had this store just for the students to sell their art. I was inspired by these pillows, which have hand-embroidered chairs on them (got the ol' wheels turning, that's all I'm sayin'). And I was going to hand-embroider the bicycle, but For whatever reason decided to try machine free-motion embroidering instead. I kinda like it. Of course, it's not in a pillow form or anything at this point - I just got excited to blog about it.

It needs something though...like tassels dangling from the handlebars or a basket with flowers or something. Ideas? Maybe I'll make a few more. It literally took me 10 minutes to make. Gotta love that.

Ok, nap time. Stay dry out there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the 4 in trains!

4th Breakfast

Anonymous said...

OK...love the train shirt! In fact, Makaio wore his "3" shirt today because he said it was "the last day in the whole world that I can wear it". He showed everyone at school.

Anonymous said...

Love the train shirt (sorry....I peeked)
Makaio wore his "3" shirt today because as he put it: "it is the last day in the world that I can wear it because after tomorrow I won't be 3." She showed everyone at school.