Monday, December 04, 2006

Stone Soup


So, I really intended this to be a craft blog, but it's turning out to be a food blog... or, a "what food is Sara obsessed with now?" blog. In any case, I know I gave my mom a "shout-out" in my last blog entry, but I gotta give her another "Holla!" (she would never Holla back, FYI)

I almost stopped at the grocery store on my way home from school tonight, but then I thought, "Nah, I'll scrounge something up". And scrounge I did. Tonight, we have stone soup for dinner. Ok, not exactly, but I just love it when I put together dinner with things I've already got around the house. A little onion, garlic, celery, potato, yam, and chicken broth...cook it down, blend it up & Voila! Dinner. Always gotta trow a little parm on there for good measure.

I built dinner in the spirit of my mother...She made me resourceful, and for that I am grateful (and well-fed).

Good night, y'alls... it's been a long day.

No comments: